accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dick...@defence.gov.au>
Subject Merge Tablets [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 03:17:22 GMT
UNOFFICIAL

I have a table with 125K tablets and would like to merge the smaller tablets together.  The
documentation states;

Merging away small tablets works on one section at a time. If your table contains many sections
of small split points, or you are attempting to change the split size of the entire table,
it will be faster to set the split point and merge the entire table:

Based on this I went to run 'merge -t tablename'  on a table with table.split.threshold set
to 1G and was prompted to confirm if I wanted to merge the entire table into a single tablet.

I had thought Accumulo would find small tablets and merge these upto a size of 1G, rather
than attempt to create a single tablet.  Am Ir using the wrong command for this or misinterpreting
the prompt?

Thanks in advance,

Matt