accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Pete Carlson <pgcarl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't get Accumulo 1.5 monitor interface to start in my browser
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:54:07 GMT
John,

What is the monitor process called so I can verify its running?  I did look
at the thread monitor logs, and under monitor_localhost.err it gives a
FileNotFoundException because it can't find the keystore.jks under
accumulo-1.5.0/conf/

I would have thought when I ran ./generate_monitor_certificate.sh it would
have created this.

I was trying to run the monitor in a browser IN the VM.  Thats how I found
this problem.

Regards,

Pete

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> Again, please check to make sure the monitor process is running and it's
> not reporting any errors in it's logs.
>
> If you can verify that (and please verify that first), try accessing the
> monitor in a browser IN the VM.
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Pete Carlson <pgcarlson@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Just to clarify I have a Centos VM running on my Windows 7 box, and I
>> have Accumulo, Hadoop, and Zookeeper running on it standalone.  I was
>> trying to open the Accumulo monitor within that VM and it failed.  However
>> I can open the Hadoop Namenode and Jobtracker web interfaces in my browser
>> just fine.
>>
>> Brendan, I was able to connect to my VM using netcat on port 50095.
>>
>> However, when I try to telnet to that port on my Win7 with telnet using
>> my VM's ip address and port i.e.,
>>
>> telnet <IP address of vm> 50095
>>
>> I get a message:   ....Could not open connection to the host, on port
>> 50095: Connect failed.
>>
>> Pete
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Brendan Heussler <bheussler@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Can you try to connect to your VM using netcat on port 50095?
>>>
>>> On VM:
>>> nc -l 50095
>>>
>>> On Client:
>>> nc <ip-address of VM> 50095
>>>
>>>  Then type "test" or something on your Client machine.  The message
>>> should be sent to your VM.
>>>
>>> This will help to test the connectivity of the two machines over port
>>> 50095
>>>

>>> Brendan

If it