accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Pete Carlson <pgcarl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't get Accumulo 1.5 monitor interface to start in my browser
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 18:08:40 GMT
How do I determine if the rest of Accumulo is up and running since I can't
use the monitor?

Inside the monitor logs I see messages that it connected to Hadoop and
Zookeeper, but then later on I see this message stating there are no tablet
servers:

2013-09-11 11:39:29,199 [server.Accumulo] WARN :  System swappiness setting
is greater than ten (60) which can cause time-sensitive operations to be
delayed.  Accumulo is time sensitive because it needs to maintain
distributed lock agreement.
2013-09-11 11:39:32,506 [impl.ServerClient] WARN :
tracer:localhost.localdomain There are no tablet servers: check that
zookeeper and accumulo are running.

And when I log in to the accumulo shell I get the warning: There are no
tablet servers: check that zookeeper and accumulo are running.

Could the system swappiness setting of 60 be causing my issue?

Regards,

Pete

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> Is the rest of Accumulo up and running? And is that the only type of error
> in the Monitor logs?
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Pete Carlson <pgcarlson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ok, I deleted /accumulo out of hdfs, initialized accumulo, and re-started
>> Accumulo.  I still can't see the monitor IN my VM browser.  I still get the
>> same Monitor info message in the logs.
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 11:55 AM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> You need to delete the /accumulo directory out of hdfs

 I was

 The

I become root and

 I tried editing

Facebook page:

VM or in your box?
If not, make sure it's running. If
up.

<

on my VM.  I tried
and restarted my VM but when I
50095 listed.

out my Facebook page:

VM?

Pete Carlson <

Accumulo 1.5 instance on my
it starts up accumulo, and also
Zookeeper and HDFS instances .

the Accumulo master in my
10.0.12) i.e.,
for health and
connect error.

accumulo-site.xml but I still get the same

to configure?