accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Pete Carlson <pgcarl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't get Accumulo 1.5 monitor interface to start in my browser
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:36:23 GMT
All,

Just to clarify I have a Centos VM running on my Windows 7 box, and I have
Accumulo, Hadoop, and Zookeeper running on it standalone.  I was trying to
open the Accumulo monitor within that VM and it failed.  However I can open
the Hadoop Namenode and Jobtracker web interfaces in my browser just fine.

Brendan, I was able to connect to my VM using netcat on port 50095.

However, when I try to telnet to that port on my Win7 with telnet using my
VM's ip address and port i.e.,

telnet <IP address of vm> 50095

I get a message:   ....Could not open connection to the host, on port
50095: Connect failed.

Pete

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Brendan Heussler <bheussler@gmail.com>wrote:

> Can you try to connect to your VM using netcat on port 50095?
>
> On VM:
> nc -l 50095
>
> On Client:
> nc <ip-address of VM> 50095
>
>  Then type "test" or something on your Client machine.  The message should
> be sent to your VM.
>
> This will help to test the connectivity of the two machines over port 50095
>

> Brendan
>

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:22 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Are you certain the monitor is running and was able to bind to the port?
>> Please check the monitor logs for any errors.
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Pete Carlson <pgcarlson@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> John,
>>>
>>> I don't see port 50095 in use in the VM.  When I become root and type
>>> lsof -i -P | grep :50095 I don't get anything back.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on how to get the port running?  I tried editing the
>>> iptables with the following command:
>>>
>>> iptables -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 50095 -j ACCEPT
>>>
>>> and then I typed
>>>
>>> service iptables save
>>>
>>> to save my iptable changes, but when I restarted my VM I didn't see any
>>> difference.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Pete
>>>
>>> Looking for a unique woodcraft?  Check out my Facebook page:
>>> www.facebook.com/oqwcrafts
>>>
>>> Also on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OlneyQualityWoodCrft

VM,

I get