accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Pete Carlson <pgcarl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't get Accumulo 1.5 monitor interface to start in my browser
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2013 15:54:13 GMT
I removed the monitor certificates as suggested, and I no longer get any
messages in the monitor_localhost.err file.

When I look in the monitor_localhost.localdomain.log file and saw the
following INFO/Exception message:

2013-09-11 11:42:50,012 [monitor.Monitor] INFO :  Failed to obtain problem
reports
java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftScanner$ScanTimedOutException
        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ScannerIterator.hasNext(ScannerIterator.java:174)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.server.problems.ProblemReports$3.hasNext(ProblemReports.java:241)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.server.problems.ProblemReports.summarize(ProblemReports.java:299)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.server.monitor.Monitor.fetchData(Monitor.java:392)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.server.monitor.Monitor$2.run(Monitor.java:504)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.util.LoggingRunnable.run(LoggingRunnable.java:34)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
Caused by:
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftScanner$ScanTimedOutException
        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ThriftScanner.scan(ThriftScanner.java:212)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ScannerIterator$Reader.run(ScannerIterator.java:82)
        at
org.apache.accumulo.core.client.impl.ScannerIterator.hasNext(ScannerIterator.java:164)
        ... 6 more

I was thinking this was related to the fact I didn't yet have Thrift 0.9.0
installed (due to dependency issues).  I now have Thrift 0.9.0 installed.
 I saved off my config files, blew away the accumulo directory and
extracted it again from the tar.gz and copied over my conf files.

However, when I run the accumulo-1.5.0/bin/accumulo init command again it
gives me the following error:

[util.Initialize] FATAL: It appears this location was previously
initialized, exiting ...

I can still start Accumulo like before with the bin/start-all.sh command
but the Accumulo monitor still doesn't work IN my VM.

Any other ideas to try?

Pete

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> Either try rerunning the monitor certificates or remove the portion from
> your accumulo-site that defines use of the certificate. I suggest the
> latter simply to remove variables at hand.
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Pete Carlson <pgcarlson@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> John,
>>
>> What is the monitor process called so I can verify its running?  I did
>> look at the thread monitor logs, and under monitor_localhost.err it gives a
>> FileNotFoundException because it can't find the keystore.jks under
>> accumulo-1.5.0/conf/
>>
>> I would have thought when I ran ./generate_monitor_certificate.sh it
>> would have created this.
>>
>> I was trying to run the monitor in a browser IN the VM.  Thats how I
>> found this problem.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Pete
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Again, please check to make sure the monitor process is running and it's
>>> not reporting any errors in it's logs.
>>>
>>> If you can verify that (and please verify that first), try accessing the
>>> monitor in a browser IN the VM.

You

up accumulo, and also
instances .