accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron <aarongm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Hadoop's MulitpleInputs with AccumuloInputFormat in a MR job
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 02:10:51 GMT
Sorry about that, I should have clarified better.  My original question did
involve scanning one table.  Our particular use case is that we ingest a
number of txt files into one table (not to say we couldn't do multiple, we
just went with one for now).  After our ingest runs, we run some MR jobs on
that table.  One idea we had was to try and use Multiple Mappers (to do
some simple joins between rows) on this table for some later on processing.
 As part of that MR job, we wanted to add some Iterators to the scans, cut
down on the records returned prior to reducing.

I need to look into how AccumuloInputFormat works, haven't done that
yet...so take everything I say as just a stream of thoughts.  I wonder if
one way to look at this is to have AccumuloInputFormat "hold multiple
scanners."  Somehow linking RecordReaders to Scanners.  Need to think that
through more, but, mimic MulitpleInputs from
Hadoop....MultipleAccumuoInputs..i need to look at the patches in
ACCUMULO-391.

Cheers,
Aaron