accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Eric Newton <eric.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: accessing accumulo row in mapper setup method?
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 15:12:40 GMT
> Questions related to this:
> 1. Does this put a lot of pressure on the tabletserver which contains the
> data, to have many mappers hitting at once during setup for the first wave?

Yes.  However, it depends on the scale.  If it's 8K mappers, that might be
too many.  If it's <100, don't worry about it.

> 2. Is there any way whatsoever for the mapper to use the existing client
> connection already being made? Or would I have to do the usual setup with
> my own zookeeper connection, and if so does that make for a much worse
> performance impact?

It won't make any impact on performance; the connections to remote servers
are cached and reused under the covers anyhow.  The Connection object
doesn't hold a connection, it just holds the username/credentials for a
creating/using a connection.

-Eric