accumulo-user mailing list archives

From John Vines <vi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error running client code
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 16:24:35 GMT
Short answer - update your slaves file to use IP address/hostname that
isn't 127.0.0.1/localhost

Long answer - teh start-all.sh script uses the items in the slaves files
(as well as the others) as hints for which IP to report in zookeeper. The
client code looks this information up in ZooKeeper to determine which IP it
needs to talk to. So if you have localhost in the slaves file, the tserver
will report that it's running on 127.0.0.1. So when you run client code
from a different box, it reads that it needs to connect to 127.0.0.1 to
find that tserver, but 127.0.0.1 on the client's box points to itself, so
the connection fails.