accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Slater, David M." <David.Sla...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject AgeOffFilter + moving data to a different table
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 17:11:54 GMT
Hey,

I was wondering if it was possible (and a good idea) to modify an AgeOffFilter so that when
a record is aged off, it gets sent to a different table.

Basically, I am storing netflow data and aggregating that information (through a Combiner)
into a single entry. Updates to the aggregated record come regularly when the flow is active,
but when the no updates have come in a certain amount of time (e.g. 30 seconds), I assume
that the flow is done and want to migrate that to a different table (with further indexing).
It is important that I migrate it from the current table so that the combiner doesn't combine
two different flows (separated sufficiently in time) with the same Key (ips, ports, and protocol).

Is there a way to do this with AgeOffFilters? Would I need an external program running that
would periodically scan the table with an ageofffilter and then re-ingest those netflows into
a new table?

Regards,
David