accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Benjamin Parrish <benjamin.d.parr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error running client code
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 18:10:51 GMT
Thanks John!  That did it.  Is there a good resource for setting up an Accumulo instance?
I took a VM that already set it up to get a proof of concept going, and now I want to refactor
and go back and set up a box from scratch.

On Sep 13, 2013, at 12:24 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:

> Short answer - update your slaves file to use IP address/hostname that isn't 127.0.0.1/localhost
>
> Long answer - teh start-all.sh script uses the items in the slaves files (as well as
the others) as hints for which IP to report in zookeeper. The client code looks this information
up in ZooKeeper to determine which IP it needs to talk to. So if you have localhost in the
slaves file, the tserver will report that it's running on 127.0.0.1. So when you run client
code from a different box, it reads that it needs to connect to 127.0.0.1 to find that tserver,
but 127.0.0.1 on the client's box points to itself, so the connection fails.

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Benjamin Parrish <benjamin.d.parrish@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I am having what seems to be a usual error people see, but I am not sure administratively
what to do to fix it.

> This is my code:
>
> public static void main(String[] args) throws TableNotFoundException, AccumuloException,
AccumuloSecurityException {
> 	String instanceName = "accumulo";
> 	String zooServers = "10.200.20.37";
> 	Instance inst = new ZooKeeperInstance(instanceName, zooServers);
>
> 	Connector conn = inst.getConnector("root", "secret");
>
> 	Text rowID = new Text("row1");
> 	Text colFam = new Text("myColFam");
> 	Text colQual = new Text("myColQual");
> 	ColumnVisibility colVis = new ColumnVisibility("public");
> 	long timestamp = System.currentTimeMillis();
>
> 	Value value = new Value("myValue".getBytes());
>
> 	Mutation mutation = new Mutation(rowID);
> 	mutation.put(colFam, colQual, colVis, timestamp, value);
>
> 	long memBuf = 1000000L; // bytes to store before sending a batch
> 	long timeout = 1000L; // milliseconds to wait before sending
> 	int numThreads = 10;
>
> 	BatchWriter writer = conn.createBatchWriter("table", memBuf, timeout, numThreads);
>
> 	writer.addMutation(mutation);
>
> 	writer.close();
> }
>
> This is the error I see in Eclipse:
>
> 13/09/13 12:10:22 WARN impl.ServerClient: Failed to find an available server in the list
of servers: [127.0.0.1:9997:9997 (120000)]