accumulo-user mailing list archives

From buttercream <buttercreamanonym...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift Transport Exception on Master
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:15:00 GMT
I double checked the environment variables and they all appeared to be set
correctly. I ended up blowing away the accumulo volume and reinitializing.
It did get rid of the 127.0.0.1:9996 error, however, I do get an error on
the tablet server trying to write to the wal directory. The error states:
Create failed for file: /accumulo/wal/<ipaddress>+9996/<hash>, error:
Permission Denied

I have accumulo located at /opt/accumulo and I created a directory
/opt/accumulo/wal and have that defined in the accumulo-site.xml. I opened
up the /opt/accumulo/wal to 777 and still get the error. Almost like it
isn't actually writing to that directory. Any ideas?