accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Setting dev environment in Eclipse
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 03:06:25 GMT
The easiest way to import into Eclipse is checkout the project, and
simply import existing maven project (in Eclipse, with the m2e
plugin). M2e should do all the magic for you after that.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM, Ravi Mutyala <ravi@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Thanks Josh. Was just about to email the group about success with mvn install and I see
your mail :)

> On Jul 31, 2013, at 9:23 PM, Josh Elser <josh.elser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ravi,
>>
>> Looks like we need to get SNAPSHOTs published there? That's a task for us.
>>
>> In the meantime to get yourself going, you could `mvn install -DskipTests` to get
a 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT into your local repo, and then rerun the `mvn eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse`.
A `mvn package` doesn't place anything into your repository which is what you're seeing.

>> Potentially, not sure how the eclipse plugin works, you might be able to make things
work with a `mvn package eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse`. Not sure if the reactor would pick
up the local artifacts you just built.

>> - Josh
>>
>> On 07/31/2013 10:14 PM, Ravi Mutyala wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to setup a dev environment in eclipse. I started with 'mvn eclipse:clean
eclipse:eclipse'. (using 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT) and I got the following error. This is after a fresh
local build with 'mvn package -P assemble'.

>>> Any thoughts of how to fix this?
>>>
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project accumulo-core: Could not resolve dependencies
for project org.apache.accumulo:accumulo-core:jar:1.5.1-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts
could not be resolved: org.apache.accumulo:accumulo-fate:jar:1.5.1-SNAPSHOT, org.apache.accumulo:accumulo-start:jar:1.5.1-SNAPSHOT,
org.apache.accumulo:accumulo-trace:jar:1.5.1-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find org.apache.accumulo:accumulo-fate:jar:1.5.1-SNAPSHOT
in http://repository.apache.org/snapshots was cached in the local repository, resolution will
not be reattempted until the update interval of apache.snapshots has elapsed or updates are
forced -> [Help 1]