accumulo-user mailing list archives

From John Vines <vi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Accumulo shell to add column visibility to cells containing Unicode values
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2013 19:56:51 GMT
The java API is the most feature rich way of interfacing with Accumulo. The
shell is a utility built on it, but occasionally issues get hit with
parsing user input. It seems you have hit one of these cases. You may be
able to quote your fields, etc.

However, it is more important to note that the visibilities are very strict
for the character set allowed. Only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and a few additional
characters are allowed (- and _ if I remember correctly). So unicode won't
work, and you'd get an error indicating that if you could get the shell to
accept them.