accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Mutyala <r...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Getting the IP Address
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 15:38:37 GMT
Hi,

I see from the accumulo-tracer init.d script that IP is determined by this
logic.

ifconfig | grep inet[^6] | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/addr://' | grep -v
0.0.0.0 | grep -v 127.0.0.1 | head -n 1

Any reason for using this logic instead of a hostname -i and using reverse
dns lookup? I have a cluster where the order of nics on one of the nodes is
in a different order and ifconfig returns a IP from a different subnet than
for other nodes. But DNS and reverse DNS are properly configured.

Thanks

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE