accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Ott, Charles H." <CHARLES.H....@saic.com>
Subject RE: deletemany -f
Date Thu, 08 Aug 2013 20:10:06 GMT
Cool thanks.

Also, I figured out that our data not writing to accumulo is a different
issue.

Still not sure about the unload failed for tablet error.

From: user-return-2855-CHARLES.H.OTT=saic.com@accumulo.apache.org
[mailto:user-return-2855-CHARLES.H.OTT=saic.com@accumulo.apache.org] On
Behalf Of Jim Klucar
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 4:00 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: deletemany -f

In Accumulo, a delete actually inserts an identical key with the delete
flag set. If you compact the table after deletemany, the keys should
disappear.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM, Ott, Charles H. <CHARLES.H.OTT@saic.com>
wrote:

When I clear our tables, I use deletemany -f.

However I noticed that it creates more entries and the db grows.

Now im seeing this error :

10.35.56.91:9997 reports unload failed for tablet !0;!0<<

That server is one of three tablet servers I have running.

Now when we 'write' data to accumulo, nothing is showing up.

Thoughts?