accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Slater, David M." <David.Sla...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject RE: Straggler problem in Accumulo BatchScans
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 00:12:46 GMT
Thanks Eric,

Just to make sure I'm going in the right direction, this would involve extending the TabletBalancer
class, correct? How do I add it to the table after that (and remove the old one)? I don't
see it under the Connector's TableOperations().

Is using a load-balancer what you would recommend if I wanted to make sure that two different
tables stored related information (e.g. data and indexes) on the same tablets?

Thanks,
David

From: Eric Newton [mailto:eric.newton@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 8:03 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Straggler problem in Accumulo BatchScans

A new balancer is a plug-in class that instructs the Master process where to place tablets.

If you know you need your tablets spread out over servers based on time (row id), you can
do that.  It's pretty common, in fact.

-Eric

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Slater, David M. <David.Slater@jhuapl.edu<mailto:David.Slater@jhuapl.edu>>