accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Brad Cox <bradj...@me.com>
Subject Re: Automating Accumulo installation
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:22:41 GMT
ABSOLUTELY!!

In fact the problem of installing Accumulo and its many sub-parts installed, configured and
working properly stopped me from even attempting it. Configuring something I don't yet understand
is so unpleasant I try hard to avoid it.

Sqrrl packages their Accumulo as a VirtualBox VM with no dangling loose ends. They also provide
a version for Amazon EC2 which I'm also using. Cloudera has an even nicer installer (for Hadoop
minus Accumulo it seems) with GUIs for most sub-parts.

Dr. Brad J. Cox    Cell: 703-594-1883 Blog: http://bradjcox.blogspot.com http://virtualschool.edu