accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dick...@defence.gov.au>
Subject High Ingest on a single server [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 05:39:45 GMT
UNOFFICIAL

We are seeing a single server that has less entries than all the other nodes in the cluster.
 Accumulo now appears to be directing higher ingest tablets to this node and its now getting
7 times the ingest entries than all other nodes and is slowing or load.  Does Accumulo attempt
to balance disk usage across the nodes for a table by moving tablets and that is why we are
seeing this node ingesting more?

If not, is it possible to make accumulo rebalance the ingest across all servers during a load?

Matt