accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dick...@defence.gov.au>
Subject Move high ingest tablets to alternate node? [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2013 01:50:31 GMT
UNOFFICIAL

Hi,

While loading data we are seeing one node with 3 tablets that have higher ingest rates than
all others on the cluster.  All 3 of the these tablets reside on the same node which is causing
that node to struggle.  When we take this node out of the cluster the overall ingest rate
jumps much higher.

Is there a way to manually move high ingest tablets to different nodes in order to seperate
the 3 tablets in question?

I started looking at the tablet splits and tried to find the mapping of these splits to nodes
in the !METADATA table but couldn't find the mappings.

Thanks in advance,
Matt Dickson