accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dick...@defence.gov.au>
Subject RE: Two locations for the same extent [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2013 04:39:26 GMT
UNOFFICIAL

We are running 1.5.1.  I found the duplicate definition in the !METADATA table, should it
be deteled from there?

________________________________
From: Keith Turner [mailto:keith@deenlo.com]
Sent: Thursday, 15 August 2013 13:23
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Two locations for the same extent [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

what version of Accumulo are you running?

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM, Dickson, Matt MR <matt.dickson@defence.gov.au<mailto:matt.dickson@defence.gov.au>>
wrote:

UNOFFICIAL

Hi,

We have had several tablet servers die recently while doing splits and since restarting we
are getting a 'found two locations for the same extent ....' .  I noticed ACCUMULO-1243 addresses
the bug that creates this, however I just wanted to know how I can fix the two locations for
the extent.  Do I delete one of them or merge them?  How do I identify the extents?

Thanks in advance,
Matt Dickson