accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Donald Miner <dmi...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Accumulo / HBase migration
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 17:26:38 GMT
Has anyone developed tools to migrate data from an existing HBase
implementation to Accumulo? My team has done it "manually" in the past but
it seems like it would be reasonable to write a process that handled the
steps in a more automated fashion.

Here are a few sample designs I've kicked around:

HBase -> mapreduce -> mappers bulk write to accumulo -> Accumulo
or
HBase -> mapreduce -> tfiles via AccumuloFileOutputFormat -> Accumulo bulk
load -> Accumulo
or
HBase -> bulk export -> map-only mapreduce to translate hfiles into tfiles
(how hard would this be??) -> Accumulo bulk load -> Accumulo

I guess this could be extended to go the other way around (and also include
Cassandra perhaps).

Maybe we'll start working on this soon. I just wanted to kick the idea out
there to see if it's been done before or if anyone has some gut reactions
to the process.

-Don

--
 This communication is the property of ClearEdge IT Solutions, LLC and may
contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review,