accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Luke Brassard <l...@sqrrl.com>
Subject Re: Okay to purge trace table?
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 01:05:05 GMT
For what it's worth, you can disable the tracing altogether by leaving the 'tracers' file blank.

Sent from mobile.

On Jun 6, 2013, at 21:00, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does it make sense to create a JIRA ticket asking for an age-off iterator to be the default
on the trace table? Maybe set for something like two weeks? If we don't add a default age-off
iterator, where should the documentation be changed to talk about this topic? Does the user
manual talk about the trace table?

> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Eric Newton <eric.newton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You could put an age-off iterator on it, or just purge it from time-to-time.
>>
>> I probably should have configured the trace table with an age-off filter by default.
 But for now, you need to manually manage the data.

>> You can use delete rows to wipe the table efficiently:
>>
>>  shell > deleterows -f -t trace
>>
>> -Eric
>>

>> On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Terry P. <texpilot@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Greetings all,
>>> We have a million entries in the trace table in one of our Accumulo clusters
and a million and a half in another.  We haven't manually enabled any tracing activities,
and in looking at the entries, they seem to be generated by Accumulo does on its own (compact,
wal, getFileStatus, minorCompactionStarted, minorCompaction, prep, commit, etc).

>>> Does Accumulo maintain this table or do I / should I manually purge it from time
to time?  If it's on us to maintain it, are there any guidelines or a procedure for doing
so?