accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "row-level transactions without using distributed locking or other synchronization mechanism"
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 04:40:33 GMT
Perhaps it's poorly worded (I'm not sure on that, as it seems fine to
me). But what it's getting at is that no more than one tablet server
at any given time is responsible for a given row. Therefore, multiple
updates to a single row can be accomplished atomically, in a single
mutation.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii