accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Jackson <obl24...@gmail.com>
Subject Relocated Accumulo Master can not get lock
Date Sat, 29 Jun 2013 15:25:41 GMT
Greetings,

I am trying to relocate the Accumulo Master process to another server.  I
have already brought down the Accumulo cluster (restarted zookeepers as
well) and have updated all references that pointed to the original master
server to point to the new master server.

However, after restarting Accumulo the master server is not starting.  In
the master log I see the following error:

INFO:  trying to get master lock
INFO:  Failed to get master lock, even after waiting for session timeout,
becoming back-up server

I'm hoping that someone has encountered this before and it's simple tweak I
missed.

I'm running Accumulo 1.4.2, Zookeeper 3.4.3 Hadoop 1.0.3

Thanks,
Tom