accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Frank Smith <francis.h.sm...@outlook.com>
Subject Best practices in sizing values?
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2013 20:37:45 GMT
I have an application where I have a block of unstructured text.  Normally that text is relatively
small <500k, but there are conditions where it can be up to GBs of text.
I was considering of using a threshold where I simply decide to change from storing the text
in the value of my mutation, and just add a reference to the HDFS location, but I wanted to
get some advice on where that threshold should (best practice) or must (system limitation)
be?
Also, can I stream data into a value, vice passing a byte array?  Similar to how CLOBs and
BLOBs are handled in an RDBMS.
Thanks,
Frank