accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Ott, Charles H." <CHARLES.H....@saic.com>
Subject RE: No info for Accumulo Master on Monitor Overview page
Date Fri, 07 Jun 2013 13:56:59 GMT
I had the exact same issue a couple weeks back.

I was able to find out what specific HDFS path had permission issues by switching the Monitor
logger to DEBUG mode.  Then a chmod 775 fixed the issue by giving the group write permissions.

From: user-return-2668-CHARLES.H.OTT=saic.com@accumulo.apache.org [mailto:user-return-2668-CHARLES.H.OTT=saic.com@accumulo.apache.org]
On Behalf Of Terry P.
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:13 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: No info for Accumulo Master on Monitor Overview page

In our installation the hdfs account has hdfs as his primary group and hadoop as a secondary
group.  Our accumulo account has accumulo as his primary group.

I added both hdfs and hadoop as secondary groups for the accumulo account, but no joy -- still
a blank Accumulo Master summary box on the overview page.

So do both the accumulo and hdfs users have to have the same primary group then?

I put accumulo into a separate group in order to protect the shared secret in accumulo-site.xml,
but I guess the better approach is to have both accumulo and hdfs in the same Linux group
and just protect this file by making it readable by owner only?  If both accumulo and hdfs
users must have the same primary group, looks like that's about the only option.