accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Terry P." <texpi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo 1.4.3 download "mirrors" links bad?
Date Fri, 03 May 2013 03:19:21 GMT
It works fine for me at home on Firefox or Chrome or Safari.

At work it came down as a .tar.gz file which, when opened, was empty.

Odd, odd, odd.  And yeah, I do have an old version of Firefox at work.  They don't allow auto-updates,
and only allow specific approved versions.  Hopefully they allow a newer version now and I'll
definitely check tomorrow.

Thanks gang, I have what I need now (at least to look at see if the 1.4.3 init scripts run
on Red Hat).

-tp

On May 2, 2013, at 9:26 PM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM, John Vines <vines@apache.org> wrote:
> My money is on the content actually being a gzipped copy of the html.
>
> could be, the file command can probably sort it out.
>
> Me and few coworkers had something odd happen when trying to download thrift once.  I
got a gzipped, tar.gz.  So I had to run gunzip twice.  I reported to the thrift mailing list
and no one else was seeing the issue.  Something between us and the file was trying to help.

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Terry P. <texpilot@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi gang,
> I'm trying to download the 1.4.3 release from:
>
> http://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
>
> But for both the binaries and source downloads the file sizes are only 7.1KB in size
and aren't valid .tar.gz files.

> If you look at the contents of one of these files does it contain HTML for the mirrors
page?

> The various firewalls and security scanners here at work can sometimes make some site
links not work properly, but not usually one that looks to be this simple.

> Could someone -- anyone -- please try to download one of these files to see if it's just
my bad luck at work, or whether the site / links actually have an issue?