accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron <aarongm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any good URL/write-ups on the various bin/*.sh files & conf files?
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 12:03:38 GMT
Ahhh cool...so start-all.sh & start-here.sh are "smart" and by that I mean,
will only start the certain processes based upon which machine they are on.
 And if you do a start-here.sh on a box, it will look through every file,
and only start the processes for which it "finds itself."

So, if a machine is in master & gc, but not in tracer....and when I call
start-here.sh on that box, it will only start the master & gc
processes..and NOT tracer?  Assuming the answer is yes, but just confirming.

For slave, does that assume 2 processes: tserver & logger?  so, if a
machine is in the slave file, it will start both of those?