accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Drew Farris <d...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 1.5.0-RC2
Date Sun, 12 May 2013 13:19:56 GMT
On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:

> When I untar accumulo-assemble-1.5.0-bin.tar.gz and end up with a dir
> named accumulo-assemble-1.5.0, I find that really screwy.  I understand how
> this came to be.  But the name does not make sense from the perspective of
> an outsider.  I would be happy reroll this tar ball with a dir name
> of  accumulo-1.5.0.

I agree. It would be nice (and consistent) to have the tarballs named as
follows:

accumulo-1.5.0-dist.tar.gz
accumulo-1.5.0-src.tar.gz

These would have a top level directory of: accumulo-1.5.0

Happy to help and update the  maven configuration to do this, but
Christopher, I suspect you can pull this off easily.