accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Marc Reichman <mreich...@pixelforensics.com>
Subject deletion technique question
Date Fri, 10 May 2013 16:39:49 GMT
I have a table with rows which have 3 column values in one column family,
and a column visibility.

There are situations where I will want to replace the row content with a
new column visibility; I understand that the visibility attributes are
immutable, so I will have to delete and re-put.

Am I better off doing:
1. BatchDeleter with authorizations to allow access, set range to the key
in question, call delete, and then put in mutations with the new visibility
2. Create mutations with a putDelete followed by a put with the new
visibility for each value
3. Something else entirely?

For option #2, can I simply do a putDelete on the column family/qualifier?
Or do I need to "know" the old authorizations to put in a visibility
expression with the putDelete?

For all of these, can a client get up-to-the-minute results immediately
after? Or does some kind of compaction need to occur first?