accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Saturday May 4th, Accumulo Hackathon in Fairfax, VA
Date Mon, 13 May 2013 02:33:25 GMT
We never really had any feedback after the event, so let me be the one
to give some.

About half a dozen committers were present at the event, with a total of
approximately 30 people. We had a great distribution of people from
various backgrounds and companies, at least a dozen different companies
if memory serves. The venue and resources worked out really well and I
saw and participated in a lot of good discussions with lots of new
faces. Overall, I'd say the event was a great success!

With my personal hat on, I'd like to extend a thank you to Booz Allen
Hamilton for sponsoring the event and working with the team and the ASF
to do it right. It's great to see businesses contributing back to the
project in ways like this. I'd encourage anyone who's interested to try
to attend any future events; whether you're a developer, a user, or just
an interested party, there's something there for everyone.

One final thing, I did take some photos, please feel free to share and
reuse (and tag yourself!), I'd just ask that you give me some credit if
you do reuse and let me know so I can tell other people too.

https://plus.google.com/photos/100801426823976155567/albums/5877272576963603361
or
https://picasaweb.google.com/100801426823976155567/2ndApacheAccumuloHackathon