accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Marion" <dlmar...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Using supervisor to monitor Accumulo
Date Wed, 08 May 2013 22:59:38 GMT
I was going to suggest also looking at JSW and YAJSW and then I saw their
licenses.

JSW: http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/download.jsp

YAJSW: http://yajsw.sourceforge.net/

From: Mike Drob [mailto:mdrob@mdrob.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:39 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using supervisor to monitor Accumulo

I've seen people use puppet to achieve the same goal with reasonable amounts
of success.

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 6:33 PM, Phil Eberhardt <phil@sqrrl.com> wrote:

Hello,

I was looking into using supervisor (http://supervisord.org/index.html) to
monitor a daemon running on top of Accumulo. I heard that Jason Trost may
have mentioned using supervisor to monitor Accumulo and restart it if it
stopped running in a presentation at Hadoop World. I was wondering if anyone
was monitoring the Accumulo daemon and restarted it successfully using
supervisor so I could do something similar.

Thanks,

Phil Eberhardt