Thanks guys.  Yes, I was using AccumuloInputFormat, in 1.4.2, and was not specifying a name. I thought that it worked the first time without issue, but I must have been mistaken.  It's working now though, so thanks!

--
Chris

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 5:15 PM, Billie Rinaldi <billie.rinaldi@gmail.com> wrote:
To summarize the issue: whenever you add a RegExFilter using the recommended method AccumuloInputFormat.addIterator in 1.4, and you haven't explicitly specified a name for your iterator, an error is thrown saying the name is in use.  This is because the input format always sets a RegExFilter to handle the deprecated method of setting regex on the input format, even if that method isn't used.  See ACCUMULO-1267.  This issue can be avoided by specifying a name for the iterator when creating the IteratorSetting.

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM, Keith Turner <keith@deenlo.com> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Chris Sigman <cypris87@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just run a job for the second time where I've called addIterator with a
> RegExFilter, and it's saying that the filter name is already in use.  When I
> try to scan using the shell though, the iterator's not there... what's going
> on?

Are you using the same java process to start two map reduce jobs when
you see this?