accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: row count
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:42:56 GMT
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Venkat <rkreddy@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am sure this question has been asked several times but I could not get to
> the answer using usual searches - which iterator is the right one to count
> the number of rows for a given value or a pattern of value ?

Take a look at org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.FirstEntryInRowIterator.
 Does anyone know why this is not in the user iterator package?  Is
there an issue with it?  This will bring back the first key/value for
each row, then you could count those on the client side.   This will
work for a range.  For a pattern, David's suggestion of the regex
filter may be useful.   You could also look in the
org.apache.accumulo.core.iterators.user.RowFilter.

You could use FirstEntryInRowIterator and RegEx or RowFilter, but you
would have to be careful about the order of the iterators.