accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Billie Rinaldi <billie.rina...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Removing splits [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 00:42:10 GMT
On Apr 8, 2013 7:36 PM, "Dickson, Matt MR" <matt.dickson@defence.gov.au>
wrote:

> UNCLASSIFIED
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Just a simple question.  We ingest data in daily batches and create
splits on the data to distribute the loading, eg splits are 20130407-1,
20130407-2, ... 20130407-n

> Once this data is loaded the splits will not be required again.  Is there
a maximum number of splits a table can have?  How can splits be removed
once they are nolonger required, I can't see any command in the api?

You can delete a range through the shell or the API:
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.4/user_manual/Table_Configuration.html#Delete_Range

Billie

> Thanks in advance,
> Matt Dickson
>
> IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914. If
you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact the
sender and delete the email.