accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Newman, Elise" <enew...@integrity-apps.com>
Subject RE: Accumulo and CDH4 -- "no tablet servers"
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:50:00 GMT
Also, how many machines are usually assigned the roles of gc, tracers, and monitor? Couldn't
find much about them (didn't see any mention of them in the configuration section of the documentation),
but I saw in the logs that my tservers were trying to connect to 127.0.0.1, so I replaced
localhost in conf/tracers with the master, which eliminated that 'connection refused' error.

Thanks,
Elise

From: Eric Newton [mailto:eric.newton@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:18 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Accumulo and CDH4 -- "no tablet servers"

I don't think it is.

You can have multiple masters: they have a distributed election via zookeeper and the winner
does coordination and the losers wait for the winner to die.

Updates to the documentation are cheerfully accepted. :-)

-Eric

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM, David Medinets <david.medinets@gmail.com<mailto:david.medinets@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> two entries in your conf/masters file
Does the documentation discuss what it means to have two masters in an Accumulo configuration?