accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FW: Deletes not commiting from custom java API but work in shell interface
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2013 23:51:52 GMT
Another gotcha to be aware of.. make sure your ColumnVisibilities are
equal and not just equivalent.

e.g. a CV of (FOO&BAR) won't delete a Key which has (BAR&FOO)

You can easily get around this by making sure flatten is called on the
ColumnVisibility. I don't think the normal constructors do this for you
(only quickly glanced at the code again).

On 04/10/2013 06:42 PM, Bell, Philip S CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 81320
wrote:
> Sanity check complete, running on a VM from the training class (though this is accumulo
1.3.5) deletes work with and without column visibility - I'll be back with more once our development
servers are back up