accumulo-user mailing list archives

From rosh...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Remove table
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2013 19:44:13 GMT
Thanks Eric, Corey got it to work easily with just the WRITE permission granted to root.

So if root does not have write permission to METADATA, then how does the accumulo server write
to the METADATA table. Is there a server specific user that is not visible to us?

Also, one thing we tried to do is to remove the link in zookeeper from /accumulo/<instanceId>/tables/<tableId>
and there was an authorization issue. Is there a specific zookeeper permission that accumulo
uses when connecting to the zookeepers?

Just curious :)

Roshan

On Mar 4, 2013, at 11:21 AM, Eric Newton <eric.newton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Offline the table.  It may take some time for it to settle down.  Start any failed tservers.
>
> Shutdown the accumulo  garbage collector:
>
>  $ pkill -f =gc
>
> Grant the root user the write permissions the !METADATA table:
>
> shell> grant -u root -t !METADATA  Table.WRITE
>
> Find your table id:
>
> shell> tables -l
>
> Now use the id to construct a delete command:
>
> shell> deletemany -c file -s id; -e id<
>
> It's important that you use your table id, and not "id" in the above command.
> When you get tired of typing yes to each file, stop the shell and re-run it like this:
>
> shell> deletemany -f -c file -s id; -e id<
>
> Now, go and move the directory in hdfs:
>
> $ hadoop fs -mv /accumulo/tables/id /files-from-dead-table
>
> You can bulk import the directories in /files-from-dead-table after you bring the table
back online with some appropriate splits.

> The accumulo garbage collector will complain about missing files, so expect those as
warnings.

> -Eric
>

> On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 10:53 AM, Corey Nolet <cnolet@texeltek.com> wrote:
> We have a sharded-event table that failed miserably when we accidentally tried to merge
all of the tablets together. When starting accumulo, the monitor page says the event table
(once having 43k tablets) now has 5 tablets and 1.05B rows. There are 14.5k unassigned tablets,
The tablet servers each have response times ranging from 10s to 1m until eventually they all
die. We thought that it may have been our ulimit on the accumulo master being set to 1024
but raising it to 65535 didn't seem to have any immediate effects.

> The Accumulo shell freezes when we try to drop the event table and we've gotten a little
experimental (trying to remove the references to the R files in the !METADATA table manually,
removing the reference to the event table in zookeeper), etc..) Our experiments have mostly
ended in permissions issues.

> With that, do you guys have any good techniques/tools for unlinking a busted and unresponsive
table? All of the other tables/tablets seem to be doing just fine.