accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suggestions on modeling a composite row key
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:03:13 GMT
Check out Typo: https://github.com/keith-turner/typo
What you're describing is the motivation for that little utility API.

Alternatively, if you don't care about the overhead costs or human
readability, you could use a modified base64 encoding of your binary
key components that preserves the ordering (such as
http://iharder.sourceforge.net/current/java/base64/ which I found with
Google just now), encode them individually, and join them using a
delimiter of your choosing (so long as your delimiter is
lexicographically ordered prior to all the bytes in the output bytes
of your order-preserving encoding).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii