accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Mike Hugo <m...@piragua.com>
Subject Reset column iterator while using AccumuloRowInputFormat
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 05:12:04 GMT
Is there a way to "reset" the column iterator back to the "beginning" when
using the AccumuloRowInputFormat?  We have a case in which we need to
iterate over the columns for a row at least twice and it could be a large
row that may not fit in memory.

I think we can work around this by having a separate scanner used within
the map method for this purpose.  Other than that, is there a way to clone
or copy or reset the column iterator such that we can iterate over it more
than once?

Thanks,

Mike

public void map(Text key, PeekingIterator<Map.Entry<Key, Value>>
columnIterator, Context context) {
    while (columnIterator.hasNext()) {
        Map.Entry<Key, Value> kv = columnIterator.next();
    }

*    // reset column iterator back to the beginning*