accumulo-user mailing list archives

From "Cornish, Duane C." <Duane.Corn...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject RE: pragmattically invoking map reduce job from a .war deployed in tomcat
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:10:34 GMT
Thanks for the quick response, Billie!  You are correct it should be -libjars.  That was just
a typo in my email.  You mentioned that I'm supposed to have my job jar and other dependencies
in the lib folder of the webapp.  I'll give that a shot!

Thanks,
Duane

From: Billie Rinaldi [mailto:billie@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2013 12:46 PM
To: user@accumulo.apache.org
Subject: Re: pragmattically invoking map reduce job from a .war deployed in tomcat

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Cornish, Duane C. <Duane.Cornish@jhuapl.edu<mailto:Duane.Cornish@jhuapl.edu>>
wrote:
I have an accumulo instance running on a small 4 node cluster.  The namenode is running tomcat.
 I am using a restful service to allow clients to access accumulo and kick off map reduce
jobs.

Previously, I had been creating runnable jars of my map reduce jobs.  The restful service
would make a command line call to run the jar.  i.e. "java -jar mapreducejob.java -arg1 -arg2
etc."

I am now trying to switch these jobs to be called programmatically.  I am aware that I need
to pass a comma separated list of jars into the ToolRunner.run call.  i.e.

arg[0] = "-libjar";

This should be -libjars.  However, that is probably not the issue because the job classes
themselves are not passed in via libjars.  Searching around, I saw some indication that you
are supposed to have your job jar and other dependencies in the lib folder for your webapp.
 Are you doing that?

Billie

arg[1] = "accumulo-core-1.4.1,jar2" etc.
arg[2] = "myArg1";
arg[3] = "myArg2";
etc.

When I run my job, I get an error in in my map tasks in the jobtracker Admin webpage:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: <package.Name>.<functionNameOfMyMapper>

I don't know why the system can't find the mapper function.  It is in the same package as
my Job file and they should all be contained in the .war file that is deployed in tomcat.

Has anyone had success calling a map reduce job programmatically from within tomcat?

Thanks,
Duane