accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Aaron Cordova <aa...@cordovas.org>
Subject Re: Reverse timestamp order?
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2013 00:38:06 GMT
Mike,

There is no built in way to do this. If you are replaying history more often than you are
grabbing the latest version, you may consider time-stamping the keys yourself with MAX_LONG
- current system time in your ingest client.

If you want to grab the whole list and resort, the WholeRowIterator makes it easy to grab
a whole rows worth of data at once, assuming your rows fit in memory.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 15, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Mike Hugo <mike@piragua.com> wrote:

> When iterating over multiple versions of the same key, is there a way to receive them
in chronological order rather than last inserted first?

> For example, if I insert
>
> aKey cf1 cq1 10 aValue1
> aKey cf1 cq1 20 aValue2
> aKey cf1 cq1 30 aValue3
>
> When scanning I receive them in reverse timestamp order - which is great for retrieving
the most recent version

> aKey cf1 cq1 30 aValue3
> aKey cf1 cq1 20 aValue2
> aKey cf1 cq1 10 aValue1
>
> If I'd like to "replay" history, should I basically grab the whole list and then invert
it, or is there a built in way to do this?