accumulo-user mailing list archives

From David Medinets <david.medin...@gmail.com>
Subject How Do I Pragmatically Know When A Compaction Is Over? (i.e., how do I find hotspots)
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 15:12:06 GMT
I have a map-reduce job which uses AccumuloInputFormat. Some of the
mappers take 5 minutes while others take 40 minutes. Looking at the
entry count it seems like some of the tablets have more entries than
others. I'd like to generate a histogram of the number of entries per
tablet.

On the way to that goal, I learned that using Bulk Ingest does not
update the Number of Entries so that I need to perform a compaction
before I can learn the number of entries... Which leads me to how can
I tell that a compaction is complete?