accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access to connector inside a Mapper class?
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 19:10:00 GMT
If you extend AccumuloInputFormat to make the required protected methods
public, you could do:

MyAccumuloInputFormat.getInstance(context).getConnector(My
AccumuloInputFormat.getUsername(context),MyAccumuloInputFormat.getPassword(context))
with your TaskAttemptContext in the mapper/reducer.

Or, you could store your own configuration options to re-construct a Connector
when you set up your job (you could re-use those configuration variables we
set, but that's... relying on implementation details that may change).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii