accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>
Subject Re: Insert and delete row
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:38:50 GMT
The iterator that processes delete markers is setup by the system and
you can not get below it.  Delete markers are only dropped on a full
major compaction.  So you could force a major compaction of the table,
or a range of the table.   Or you can insert with a timestamp greater
than the delete marker.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Roshan Punnoose <roshanp@gmail.com> wrote:
> We had noticed some interesting behavior in our Accumulo instance. When we delete a row
and add that exact same row (with the same timestamp) after the delete, the row still does
not exist. It makes sense because the delete really just adds a delete row that tells Accumulo
to ignore any row that is equal to it. Is there a way to bypass this? Where I could set up
my own iterator to decide if a row should be deleted or not? (not sure how I would decide
yet, but just seeing if it is possible to bypass the delete logic as is)

> I tried to set up an Iterator in priority=1 to see if I could see a delete row, but it
did not seem to make it to my iterator.