accumulo-user mailing list archives

From John Vines <vi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error BAD_CREDENTIALS
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2013 16:37:14 GMT
Accumulo keeps an internal store of users. When you initialize it, you only
initialize the root user. You need to manually create additional ones via
the shell or APIs. When you run the shell, you can pass it -u to specify
the user to log in as, otherwise it defaults to the system user you are.
Since you ran it as root, the namespaces corresponded so it worked out.
Create a user for demo and use the correct password and it should all work
out fine.