accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Punnoose <rosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Insert and delete row
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:59:32 GMT
We had noticed some interesting behavior in our Accumulo instance. When we delete a row and
add that exact same row (with the same timestamp) after the delete, the row still does not
exist. It makes sense because the delete really just adds a delete row that tells Accumulo
to ignore any row that is equal to it. Is there a way to bypass this? Where I could set up
my own iterator to decide if a row should be deleted or not? (not sure how I would decide
yet, but just seeing if it is possible to bypass the delete logic as is)

I tried to set up an Iterator in priority=1 to see if I could see a delete row, but it did
not seem to make it to my iterator.

Any ideas?

Roshan Punnoose
roshanp@gmail.com