accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Punnoose <rosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Insert and delete row
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:50:55 GMT
I have noticed that some user iterators perform checks for if the key isDeleted before performing
any work. Does that mean that iterators may see deleted keys? (I have been writing my iterators
assuming that deleted keys may make it to my iterators)

Roshan Punnoose
roshanp@gmail.com

On Jan 17, 2013, at 9:40 AM, Billie Rinaldi <billie@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Roshan Punnoose <roshanp@gmail.com> wrote:
> We had noticed some interesting behavior in our Accumulo instance. When we delete a row
and add that exact same row (with the same timestamp) after the delete, the row still does
not exist. It makes sense because the delete really just adds a delete row that tells Accumulo
to ignore any row that is equal to it. Is there a way to bypass this? Where I could set up
my own iterator to decide if a row should be deleted or not? (not sure how I would decide
yet, but just seeing if it is possible to bypass the delete logic as is)

> If you do a full compaction before re-inserting the entry, the deletion entry will be
removed.  I believe compacting a range is also sufficient (available in newer versions of
Accumulo).

> Billie
>

> I tried to set up an Iterator in priority=1 to see if I could see a delete row, but it
did not seem to make it to my iterator.