accumulo-user mailing list archives

From ameet kini <ameetk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Table splitting
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:08:51 GMT
Along these lines....

Can someone help me understand how tablets map to files on disk in HDFS?
>From what I understand, after a compaction, there may be one (or more?)
files on HDFS for a given tablet. Each file can consist of multiple HDFS
blocks. Does Accumulo guarantee that the tablet serving a given data range
finds all its blocks locally? If so, how does it keep this guarantee?
Wouldn't HDFS distribute these blocks around based on HDFS balancing
strategy?

Thanks,
Ameet