accumulo-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <josh.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Record index within a Table
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 17:45:55 GMT
I was thinking a little more on the subject, and convinced myself that I
was wrong.

Since many files on disk correspond to a tablet, the best you can get is
the index of a key-value pair in a given file for a tablet. To get a
sorted stream of key-value pairs for this tablet (to compute index
offset for a key in a tablet), a merged read is performed over all of
those files. Local key offset for a file is meaningless as it does not
imply the correct offset for a tablet.